Thursday, May 10, 2007

never forget

Mark Alcoholic,

I said I would keep blogging so here goes . I am amazed at built in forgetters. I was in hell when I drank-sweats, pain, alone, sad, all the worst in the world was upon me yet time and time again I drank. this alcoholism is very powerful .

I was talking to a friend after a meeting tonight he has 5 days back and has been in AA for 4 years. This guy is not a fool he just has a disease that is cunning baffling and deadly. It kils me to see the pain he is in.

I often wondered why the old timers would tell me why they keep going to meetings for so many years. Now I know we are and always will be alcoholic. Most of us do things to the extreme. We are an intelligent bunch when sober yet when drinking we decline into an unknown uncontrollable world.

No more for me. I can't sit here and say I wont drink again. I can say I did not drink today and I will pray for tomorrow to be the same as for me to drink is certain ruin.

My meetings are full of interesting people with great big egos and all types of backgrounds. I kind of like watching the little clicks in the rooms. Most of are like little school boys or girls and have our own groups. Frankly I try to stay away from this. We all have one thing in common that levels the field - alcohol !

I will be running the open discussion meeting tomorrow and am getting tired so will update more tomorrow. If you did not drink today well done if you did you have tomorrow for a new beginning ,remember tomorrow May11Th is the first day we have all be sober together in 2007 one day at a time.

THANKS FOR LETTING ME SHARE STAY IN TOUCH . MARKY MARK- MY NICK NAME .

No comments:

content

meta tag