Tuesday, May 15, 2007

GETTING BACK ON TRACK

Hello from Hunter,

Getting back on track is really hard. I have written before that I have been struggling to get a decent job. I have an amazing job interview this Thursday and i am very excited. As part of the interview process they will do a credit check..This will be a problem as my credit is about as bad is it can get including mortgage defaults, etc....BUT I have both the professional experience and the personal experience to make me an ideal candidate for the position. I have processed how to handle the credit issue with several people I trust and I have decided to be honest upfront so they are not surprised and to present it in a positive way-I CHOSE to put my family first and became a caregiver for my mom, my husband, and my child. It was impossible to work full time and carry this burden. I worked as many odd jobs as I could and took advantage of gov't assistance programs but i still have not been able to pay my bills... This job can change all of that. AND it is not just another job it is an amazing opportunity that I would really enjoy. SO to my friends who read this blog, please send prayers. I will need them. I am really going to put 1000% into this interview opportunity, including buying a new outfit tomorrow (a big splurge).

Other stuff. Mark is almost 5 months sober. It is hard for him and I understand. It is the first time he has dealt with his feelings instead of running away from them..It makes him hard to live with but I am also so very proud of him and full of respect for his commitment to recovery.

Lots' to do but I am exhausted.

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO POST COMMENTS ON OUR BLOG. WE BOTH READ THEM OFTEN AND IT MAKES US BOTH FEEL GREAT TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS AND KNOW THAT OUR SHARING OF OUR EXPERIENCE HELPS OTHERS.

1 comment:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Best of luck to you. I will be sending good thoughts your way.

And just in reading this blog over the past few months, I can see both of you getting stronger and healthier. It is so beautiful to watch! Thank you both for sharing.

content

meta tag