Tuesday, July 17, 2007

ups and downs

Mark Alcoholic,




I must say I am going to blog more. Getting out my feelings is good for me and its a lot better than $150 and hour for a therapist! You know that AA is an amazing gift. You really can go to a meeting and listen or share. To be in a room, lunch today 120 people, all who understand each other it really is something. I can't believe I used to hate it...an amazing turn around.


I just received a ridiculous e-mail birthday card from my parents and my two brothers. They are all at my father's on holiday and apparently they wish I was there with them . Well that's a crock of bull. But as I have a program I can deal with it. I guess it is still sad that families are so messed up. I don't think this has anything to do with me. I was at a meeting yesterday and a friend said Mark just take care of your stuff...they are not your problem.

As a sensitive Alcoholic these things do effect me but as my sponsor tells me this too shall pass. I have just returned from my third meeting today. I guess I am getting addicted to meetings. I don't think it will always be this way but for now I have time to do it and it really is helping.

So, tomorrow is my birthday and I feel strong. Last year on my birthday I was checking into rehab. This year it will be good to be home around my wife, son, and dog. I pray for things to get better in our life but today I must be grateful to be alive, sober, and becoming a better human being on my journey to a new life!

I wanted to share two new prayers I am using:

First The Surrender Prayer .

I surrender to you my entire life,o God.
I have made a mess of it,trying to run it myself.
You take it-the whole thing-and run it for me.
According to your will and plan.

The second is the My Design Prayer .

God my purpose is to help others.
Give me this work.
Till my life shall end .
And life
Till my work is done.

I like these and I hope you do to0.

Thanks.

Mark Alcoholic.

No comments:

content

meta tag