Tuesday, July 17, 2007

riding with music in nature

Mark Alcoholic ,

Sorry it has been a while. I have been very busy with meetings and recovery. I know my wife wants me to blog about all kinds of stuff but the fact is I am a very chronic relapser and I can't go back to that ever!

I was told many times that recovery is the single most important thing today in my life and that if I stay on track everything will fall into place and the promises will come true. I don't know if that's true...all I do know is I must stay strong, have faith, and trust in my sponsor and those who have gone before me. I do know I don't want the old ways back.

There is tremendous struggle in our life and I am amazed we are still married but like my wife I do believe in sickness and in health and it's about working it out. Believe me I did not plan this way of life at my age. I want to be the provider and a good man. My sponsor tells me its all about time! My wife tells me it's about time!!!!

I ride my bike to all my meetings and I really enjoy the freedom riding in the summer, the breeze, and the smells of nature...all things I never enjoyed when active ! I play my music on the ipod and I sing along. I am sure many people I ride past think I am nuts. I am just an alcoholic on a bike going to a meeting. That's all I am today and I am proud of it.

It really is a wonderful feeling being truly sober. I am much healthier and I am now back to playing tennis. The recovery process is a long one. One of our famous members shared this morning that it takes a full 7 years for the body's cells to be fully changed. This means that there will not be an alcoholic cell will be in the body after 7 years, but I will always be an alcoholic! So I am going to keep going.

Tomorrow is my birthday and on this exact day last year I was being admitted to Arms Acres Rehab for detox. Tomorrow I will be on my bike in recovery and on my way to my big book meeting. That's the promises and that's a bloody miracle.

Thanks ,

Mark Alcoholic...Don't quit before the miracle!.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mark, life should be a 12 step program for all of us not just the alcoholics. You need to take it one day at a time and value every minute you have to appreciate the world and loved ones around you. Have a happy birthday and keep being proud of yourself - you deserve it. Prayers to you and your wife and son. Jackie Endicott

EXOZONE said...

Thanks Jackie ,

THIS REALLY IS A TERRIBLE FAMILY DISEASE AND I AM BLESSED TO HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE GIFT OF RECOVERY ,I PRAY AND KNOW IT IS AVAILABLE TO ALL THAT WANT IT .

Thanks Mark!

content

meta tag