Monday, April 30, 2007

PRAYERS PLEASE

From Hunter:

To all my friends who are participating in this journey with us, please send love and prayers today. Recovery is a continuous roller coaster. I am very sad today and need to find a job. Mark is in a bad way today. I am not worried about him drinking. It is just his anger that I can not handle today. He is raging and screaming...I can't handle his anger and I can't handle being a whipping post. It is not all about him. I can't handle screaming and raging...that is where things are today... I know it will pass and I am grateful to have strong program behind me that helps me to not react and to understand that his anger is toward him and not me...Please pray for us....

Afternoon update: My son and I prayed this morning and my son is amazing...He prayed for God to guide his dad and to help his dad know that the next right thing to do is..He prayed for guidance and for love and then told me to give dad a big hug when he came home as that is what he needed.....The kid was right.....and things did get a bit better.

I also, when things were calmer, reminded Mark that no matter how bad things seem they were much worse a year ago.....Even if they are just a tiny bit better, that is a tiny bit better than a year ago......Small things...baby steps....good to be reminded.

1 comment:

joy said...

Ahh, good luck to you. I am familiar with the weird addicty raging. For my husband, it's a sign of a looming relapse. I will keep you in my prayers, and I hope you are able to take care of yourself. Write to me any time...I bet we have a lot in common!

content

meta tag