Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Alcohol what a pain-the awnser is in the big book

Hi, Mark Alcoholic,

I was at my 5.30 AA meeting tonight and I saw a friend of mine who is 3 days back. It really hurts to see him as that was me 120 days ago, I was detoxing at a meeting before going to court. When I see a fellow alcoholic suffering I get different types of feelings. There for the grace of God go I. Why him when he wants it so badly? He really is a great guy .

Our disease of alcoholism is so powerful and once we pick up that first drink we are done for. It is something we just don't believe but it always gets worse never better !. I have begun to realize how the program works. Somebody shared at the meeting that they don't know how it works it just does .

I drive a German car that needs to be serviced by certain dealer. I received various comments from other AAs reading my blog which I really appreciate. The point I am making is that if I want my car fixed they follow a manual and if I want to achieve a daily reprieve from drinking I have a manual called the big book and the answers are in there. I don't need to go anyplace else. It has worked for years. It is my manual for survival. It is my daily medication. I wake every morning with untreated alcoholism and then I go to a meeting for treatment.

I never thought I would become a big book thumper and I am not sure I am but I have come to believe I have received the gift. My friend tonight just has to surrender. I did not surrender for years and had no chance. I tried to say when I had been drinking at meetings I thought only the French surrender to win .

I like all the people at the meeting did all we could do for our friend and tonight. I will pray for him to have his obsession lifted which is what he said took him out for two weeks and I am sure he will make it. I have seen him for as long as I have been showing up and believe me most of my friends gave up on me but I knew I wanted it and if I just kept coming it would finally rub off. Thank GOD it has for today. Remember -YESTERDAY IS HISTORY-TOMORROW A MYSTERY AND TODAY IS A GIFT! .

Lets pray for a good night for our friend and stay focused on our journey together and remember we are not alone. I really never believed I would be using AA lingo but I am a fully paid up member and I will continue to keep coming and keep blogging. One day at a time.

Thanks for letting me share .

Good night. Mark Alcoholic.

1 comment:

Padmayya said...

Hi to all.Now a days drinking of alcohol is the major habit of every people even students also.So i would suggest some ways to come out it.You can go through this website and make the use of it.
---------------------
paddy
Alcohol abuse affects millions. This site has a lot of useful information.
http://www.alcoholabusecenter.com
Have a nice day.

content

meta tag