Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Taking Care of Ourselves

Hello-



Some readers my be wanting to know what happened to Mark. Answer: He is working....it is a new life and full of adjustments..Not only is he working, he is employing people in recovery helping them get back on track.....As Mark has not worked in many years he has been too busy to do much more than get to his meetings, go to work, eat dinner with his family and go to sleep...I will encourage him to write soon-promise.



My Alanon sponsor came to the store Mark works at on opening day...Her comment to me was "I have never seen Mark sober"...that in of itself is "sobering".



Anyway with my mom gone and Mark sober and working and our son enjoying a normal home life I am free to focus on me. I was given a gift to go away to a yoga retreat for a week where there are classes on integrative weight loss. I am getting my mind and self ready for this amazing trip and realize that I have an addiction to food and am just hitting my bottom-fortunately I do not weigh 300 pounds but could if I continue on the spiral I am on. Never the less I am confronting that I do not love myself. If I did my body and appearance would be important to me....it is not. I have spent a lot of time nurturing my soul recently and need to continue to do this work in order to be the best I can be. I look forward to this.

Hunter

No comments:

content

meta tag