Sunday, October 28, 2007

Random thoughts on New Beginnings

Hello again from Hunter,

Some random thoughts today. My mom's passing has opened up a new vista and new beginning for me.

I have always been a emotional wreck and the passing of my mother wouldhave in the past sent me into a terrible tailspin of sadness, self pity, and depression. But my mother has an extraordinary spirit. She stayed in her earthly body until things were truly in order and I am experiencing a beautiful peace and calmness since her passing. I know that her spirit is with me and around me, and Iknow there is life beyond death. I don't know exactly what I believe it is but I know it is peaceful and full of beauty..It is in the air taht we do not see. My son says he believes that when our spiriet leaves our body it goes someplace for a while and then gets reborn by choosing a body/baby to go to. This is similar to a buddhist or other Eastern religious concept and it seems to make sense to me...Anyway, I am finding peacefulness and serenity with mom's passing.....and a lot of love.

I am getting ready to start my journey of self care and awareness. I am going to a yoga retreat for a week and getting very excited. Without sobriety in our home I never could leave and coudl not do this. This was a loving gift from my mom and sister and I am grateful and excited.

Mark and I are learning to communicate better. Mostly he i slearning to be honest with his feelings. I am grateful and proud that he is feeling htis way and look forward to a beautiful life together.

OK enought random thoughts. I have to get on with my day. HOpefully Mark can write at some point soon, it has been awhile.

Warmest,

Hunter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hunter,
I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I have a great closeness with mine and can imagine the pain you are working thru. I was so busy I didnt get a chance to visit your page until today. You have accomplished much personally and as a family which is obvious from your writings. I will keep you all in my prayers. Keep your faith close. Let me know how the retreat goes - sounds like something you could really build your future with. Jackie Endicott

Anonymous said...

I understand your life, it is very painful getting over the loss of your mother, I've done it and it is very hard, loosing one's mother goes away but you miss them for the rest of your life. I am the wife of an alcoholic that is in denial, blogging and writing has helped me distance myself from my husband, now that I am on the blogging circle I have been writing a lot and finding out that I am not alone, my daughters are now married, it hurts a little that they have no respect for their father but I understand that because I know Alcohol is a family disease but now I can distance myself from the alcohol by writing,sometimes I find myself in denial, angry, depression, another words I have my ups and downs but I get through the day. Keep going you blog is inspirational. I am happy I now have the courage to write on these blogs as it helps me deal with the day ahead of me.

content

meta tag